Telecoms Engineer Apprentice – 18 months
An exciting apprenticeship is available with Cloud9 Business Services, a forward thinking, young and dynamic telecoms company.
We are looking for a passionate technical apprentice who is keen to start their career in an exciting fast moving environment.
The apprenticeship will provide experience in installing and supporting our clients either directly or via our strategic partnerships. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about VoIP and contact centre solutions.
You will be offered excellent training, mentoring and support to help further your career.
Main purposes of job
The Trainee Admin Assistant will have a key role with a wide range of duties to complete, and the right candidate must be willing to take on extra administrative tasks as and when required by colleagues and managers.
The primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Answering calls and logging support tickets
- Handling support tickets from receipt to resolution across our product portfolio.
- Assist in managing escalations as necessary to internal teams and 3rd party suppliers.
- Talking to staff & clients through a series of actions either face to face, video or by phone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a new feature or system
- Supporting the roll out of new applications
- Installing and configuring telecoms hardware, operating systems, and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining Telephone systems and networks
- Setting up new users accounts and profiles.
- Setting up call routing for VoIP and contact centre solutions
- Prioritising and managing several open cases / installations at one time.
- Establishing good working relationships with customers, clients and other professionals.
- Liaising with provisioning and operations teams internally and with partners to organise projects.
- Travel to customer site where required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including listening and questioning skills.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Experience of using computers for a variety of task
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good organisation skills and ability to multitask.
- Interest in comms and technology
Responsible for staff/equipment
Will work from home and will receive relevant equipment and training for job role.
Reporting to…(name and title of line manager)
Jo Renhard – Customer Service Experience Director
If you would like to be considered for the Telecom Engineer Apprentice role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download the job spec here.